Per Ola Kristensson (June 27, 2013).
Photo credit: Callum Hyland.
License: CC-BY-SA. Hi! I am a University Lecturer in the Department of Engineering at the University of Cambridge. I lead the Intelligent Interactive Systems group, which belongs to the Engineering Design Centre.
The best way to reach me is via email:
kristensson @ acm.org
Alternatively you can write to me at:
Dr Per Ola Kristensson
Department of Engineering
Cambridge CB2 1PZ
My research group is always open to new enthusiastic PhD students and post-doctoral scholars. A range of PhD projects are available. If you are interested then please do not hesitate to contact me. Support for post-doctoral scholars is available via a number of fellowship schemes. Again, please contact me for more information.
- October 10, 2014 SHARK2: a large vocabulary shorthand writing system for pen-based computers. It was published at UIST 2004. The citation reads: "Awarded for its scientific contribution of algorithms, insights, and user interface considerations essential to the practical realization of large-vocabulary shape-writing systems for graphical keyboards, laying the groundwork for new research, industrial applications, and widespread user benefit".
- October 6, 2014 Our new group website is up! It is still a bit thin on content at the moment.
- September 15, 2014 I have been appointed Honorary Reader in the School of Computer Science at the University of St Andrews.
- June 9, 2014 I will take up a University Lectureship in in the Department of Engineering at the University of Cambridge later this year.
- May 14, 2014 I am quoted about the future of text entry in the latest report from the Pew Research Internet Project.
- May 6, 2014 Our paper "AwToolkit: attention-aware user interface widgets" received a Best Paper Award at the 12th ACM International Working Conference on Advanced Visual Interfaces (AVI 2014).
- March 20, 2014 I have been awarded the Royal Society of Edinburgh Early Career Prize in Physical Sciences, the Sir Thomas Makdougall Brisbane Medal. See also here and here.
- January 20, 2014 There's an article in Financial Times that quotes me about the current state of touchscreen keyboards and the future of text entry.
- November 29, 2013 I am listed in The Courier Impact 100 at position 11. A scan of my profile in the newspaper is here.
- August 21, 2013 I have been named an Innovator Under 35 (TR35) by MIT Technology Review. My profile is here. See also here, here, here, here and here.
- More news...